June 11, 2009

Peak Events doing it all!

It's been awhile since I've blogged - so I thought I better get in gear and get going. Amazing how the week flies by and before you know it - all those deadlines you set for yourself are staring you in the face. I feel like that's been the case for the last few weeks - I plan to have things done by a certain time and then bam!!! It's that time.

I hope everyone has been following us on Twitter, Facebook and Myspace. I honestly believe that although these are great social contacts and everyone in the event world has ways to "work it" it's one of the biggest drains on time known to mankind! I mean seriously, if I had the time to respond to every comment made on these sites - I'd spend every waking moment talk to people! so, if I don't respond to what you say - please don't take it personally - I'm just working on putting together festivals that will knock your socks off!

Speak of working - it's been crazy! Just finished up the Southwest Fest Tax Conference. Peak Events only worked on a few components - that's what's so great about hiring us only to do the work you can't find time to do! We didn't plan the entire event, just worked on the vendors, golfers and a few odds and ends it was a win/win for everyone! By the way - did you know, when this business was started, we actually specialized in Birthday parties, Anniversary parties, Corporate Events and Grand Openings. Over the years we've morphed into more, but we can still make any party, family reunion or corporate retreat the best in the northland. Speaking of morphing - Rock the House is coming up soon. What a fun event this will be for Flagstaff and a real benefit for Habitat for Humanity! Come out and support this wonderful even - you'll be making a difference in our community and will have a really fun time to boot! And don't forget - if you want to golf in one of the best tournaments around - sign up for the NAU Native American Programs Golf Tournament. A lot of fun for a really reasonable price! And, although I don't want the summer to leave - before we know it Oktoberfest will be upon us - of course the weather feels more like October than June!

WHAT IS UP WITH THE WEATHER???? I really want to know! Pat and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary this past week, by golfing at Forest Highlands and then hitting the new Star Trek movie - and we about froze while golfing! When we got married it was so warm and wonderful outside that all our friends wore shorts and spent the afternoon enjoying the great weather. And for the record - this weather isn't so wonderful for the garden - the peas and broccoli are doing super, but my corn and tomatoes are looking for some heat!

Well, back to those looming deadlines. I'll try and twitter, facebook and myspace more often and keep everyone updated on the garden and all the great events we're working on! Thanks so much for all your support.

Debbi

No comments:

Post a Comment