February 2, 2010

Christina Clark

I am Christina Clark, I have been with Peak Events for a year now! (Wow I can’t believe how time flies when you are having fun!) I was introduced to Debbi Grogan when I first moved to Flagstaff and instantly fell in love with her bubbly personality and BIG dreams! It didn’t take long for her to introduce me to her partner Jen Grogan, and the connection was INSTANTANIOUS, Jen and I quickly bonded forming a friendship and unique partnership. I was brought on as Peak Event’s Wedding Coordinator, and quickly discovered I had found the 2 perfect partners in not only wedding coordinating but event planning. I began planning weddings in Las Vegas, at the beautiful Lake Las Vegas. But Las Vegas could not hold a flame to the beauty of Flagstaff; I fell in love with the beauty that Flagstaff had to offer and the natural wonder of having a few of the Peaks form all angles.



I grew up in Southern California, spending every minute I had at the beach. I know when I was 10 years old that I wanted to throw parties for a living, (specifically tea parties at that age). I never got bored of throwing parties for my dolls, stuffed animals, friends, family and anyone who would come. And I had a least a wedding a week for my Barbie’s. I began community college while in highschool with University of Las Vegas Hospitality School in my sites. I excelled in school with my goal always in view. I finally got to UNLV and was quickly excepted into the Hotel College. I always knew my major would be meetings and special events. I loved school, but I loved the real life experiences more. It did not take me long to make the right contacts and begin working for the City of Las Vegas doing events for the mayor and city council. Which led me to a design company doing weddings and events and was immediately offered a position as the wedding coordinators assistant. Before long I had fallen in love with wedding planning and designing and was a natural at it.


As you will see in my “blogging” I am chatterbox. My husband Matt and all my friends, old and new, will be quick to tell you that I have the gift of gab. Sometimes I amaze myself at the amount I have to talk about sometimes. And although most people laugh at this, I think it is my blessing! I can make friends with anyone, anywhere, anytime. I am never bored, and know ALL KINDS of interesting people. After living in Flagstaff for a year, I find myself doing the same thing I teased Jen about all the time, I cannot walk into a place and not know at least someone! My husband still laughs at this, but secretly I think he loves it! I also crack myself up, and I truly think I am hilarious. In fact in the time that I have been writing this blog I have been giggling like a school girl.


I recently got married last year to my husband who is my best friend. When we first came to Flagstaff we knew it was the perfect place for us. We had been looking for a place to have our wedding and we didn’t have to say a word about how perfect of a place we had found. We are still enjoying the snow, even after all the shoveling! We have two wonderful dogs, Lucky and Penny (get it lucky penny??). They love the snow and are living the good life!


I am beyond thrilled to begin this stage of my life in Flagstaff and with Peak Events, and flagstaff’s wedding coordinator. I look forward to making many more blogs filled with giggles!

No comments:

Post a Comment