November 2, 2010

Flagstaff Oktoberfest 2010

100 bottles of beer on the wall – or rather 34 kegs of beer and over 3500 people! That was this year’s Flagstaff Oktoberfest! Woo hoo – did we have a great time or what???? The fall weather couldn’t have been better, the music was all polka and the beer – well, I heard it was pretty darn good. I love planning events and festivals are my favorite of all, but the bummer is that I don’t get to really attend my festivals – I’m too busy working! I really should have thought that one through.






One of the reasons I started Peak Events was so we could produce festivals and benefit non-profits that might not have the staff the put on a large event. Peak Events outdid itself this year with Oktoberfest. I am so proud of all my volunteers, committee chairs and our staff! Because of all the support, we were able to donate over 1500 pounds of food and nearly $4,000 in cash. Even though we were tired, the fact that we were able to help the Northern Arizona Food Bank before the holidays left all of us feeling pretty good about what we do.




We are already working on next year’s festival and for all interested……. It will be expanded! I’d like to thank the craziest judges known to mankind for all their help (?). We held a yodeling contest, which I have to say, was much better than I anticipated. We had a yodel off between two women that were absolutely fantastic. After the yodel contest and after the crowd had a few beers, we had the costume contest. I must say, the costumes were unique, however, there was a sweet girl in her heritage German dress that took the show. After many more beers were served, we had the brat eating contest that was highlight of the day. People were crowding around and we learned a very valuable lesson – put it on the stage!





I hope if you did attend the 2nd Annual Flagstaff Oktoberfest you had a great time and will be ready to come again next year. If you missed the festival – we hope to see you next year! We will once again be supporting the Food Bank, so mark your calendar for the first Saturday in October and bring those cans of food!




Debbi

1 comment:

  1. Next time you should maybe think about having some bratwursts. What Oktoberfest doesn't have the classic German sausage?

    ReplyDelete