December 1, 2010

New Year’s Eve


The holidays are now in full swing.  I always feel like they start off with Halloween and then end with the New Year.  I have always loved the holidays, from decorating for Halloween and carving pumpkins, to hosting a cocktail party for New Year’s Eve.  I usually pick one of the holidays and really do it up.  I’m partial to Winter Solstice Parties because I love to decorate the house, I make a mean egg nog, and for some reason people are always a little weird about Winter Solstice, but I’m thinking this year might be time for another New Year’s Eve bash.  My last one had the taxis arriving at the same time as my paper – I’m not sure I’m up for another 7:30 am end time, but I think a nice cocktail party/open house might be the ticket to a great way to start the New Year!   

I’m heading out of town for the rest of the week, so next week will have to be a busy one as I put together invitations and a theme for the new year.  I’m in a crazy kind of mood today, so I was thinking of doing a crystal ball theme.  Have tarot cards out, I think a friend has a crystal ball, maybe she’ll tell fortunes and then some runes and Ouija board just to make it fun.  And that’s the point – make it fun – don’t just have the same old crowd with the same old music and drinking the same old champagne.  Mix it up!  Make it unexpected!  I think I’ll make an orb ice sculpture – sounds more difficult than it is – then decorate with fire and ice.  Very mystical looking and yet BEYOND easy.

Stay tuned next week and I’ll let you know how to make the decorations.   If you want to throw a party this season and you’re a bit tired, overwhelmed or just hate putting things together – call Peak Events – we’ll make your holiday party look over the top for a bottom line budget!

Take care and I’ll talk to you next week!

Debbi

No comments:

Post a Comment