August 16, 2011

Throwing a Dinner Party

Oh my!  Where or where did my summer go?  Well…….. there were the weddings, the events, the dinners, the fundraisers oh and …….  It’s AUGUST????  Not only is it August, but it’s halfway through August!  I saw a client yesterday who reminded me I needed to block off her birthday in April.  Is time really flying THAT fast??  Just to be sure – I blocked off her birthday and she’s on the books.    What I’ve discovered is that some things in life are just true.  1.  If you want a clean house – throw a party, 2.  If you want time to stand still take a spinning class and 3.  If you want to be a guest at your own party – hire Peak Events! 
I held a dinner party for a friend of mine last week and was once again surprised by everyone’s response – WHERE DO YOU FIND THE TIME?  Now in all honesty, finding time to throw a dinner party is something that everyone can do.  It’s all in the planning.  I start each year with an idea of the parties I plan to throw and then try to come up with “themes” for them all.  After all, what fun is party if you’ve gone to the same one year after year?   Themes may come across as intimidating, but it can be as simple as a decorating theme or a food theme.  Once you have an idea of how you want things to look or taste – the rest just falls into place.  For instance – this last party was a garden birthday party.  I looked at my linens (I’m always on the lookout for good linens), and then went on the softer side  - pinks, blues, floral.    Once I had the linens dialed in, I started to think about what foods would compliment a “garden” feel and there it was staring me right in the face with my vegetable garden.  I planned a very easy bar with white and red wine, and a few beers to satisfy the non wine drinkers iced down in a metal tub and the within an hour, I had the backyard set up, draped with linens and everything ready for people to enjoy.
Parties are what we do.  We can do a small simple backyard soirée, or a large family reunion and through it all we can make sure you’re not stressed and enjoying your own party.  I realize that summer is just about over and with that the outside parties I LOVE, but very soon the holidays will be arriving and if you have always wanted to host the perfect party, but feel as though you might not have the time – call Peak Events.  We’ll make your holidays worth celebrating.
Blessings!
Debbi

No comments:

Post a Comment