October 5, 2011

Introducing our new Wedding Planner…

Welcome Everyone! I am thrilled to be part of the Peak Events team here in Northern Arizona. I love living and working here. My journey as an event planner began in 1978 when I coordinated ski vacations for teenagers. My intention at the time was purely selfish. I thought my family was the only one in my town that did not know how to ski. If I coordinated and planned the trips for 25 people or more, I would ski and vacation for free. The most important thing for me was that I learned how to ski.


I loved the planning and organizing aspect of the trips. I loved making the flyers, securing the dates, travel, meals, accommodations and ski packages. It never crossed my mind I would be doing this for a living 30 years later.


I went on to college to study Psychology and Early Childhood Education. I still continued working events through graduate school. I worked for three different caterers and especially gravitated towards the tailored events and private parties. I was a DJ for many parties. I organized and led freshman and transfer orientation for the first week of school 3 years in a row. We organized events for up to 1000 students.


After I landed my first teaching job in New York I still continued working events on the weekends through the 1980s. I always loved it. I just never considered doing it full time.


After years of living in New York and Boston, I moved to Raleigh, North Carolina. In 1998, I took my first job as a Wedding Coordinator. I was also working as a Youth Education Director during the week since most weddings were on the weekends. After 6 years and 250 weddings later, I moved to Tucson, Arizona when my husband took a new job teaching Business at the University of Arizona.


I worked for the Tucson Botanical Garden coordinating Weddings and other events until we moved to Sedona with my three children in 2009. I continued doing social work mostly on the reservations until recently.


I have finally come to accept the importance of doing what you love. I am dedicating myself full time to planning events and weddings because it is so fun and it is what I love to do. I am also trained to assist in childbirth and hospice. Although I really hope those skills don’t come in handy at my events.


When I am not working, I am spending time with my family, gardening, traveling, dancing, or hiking some of Northern Arizona’s incredible trails.


I look forward to working with you and learning more about your special day and how we can make that a reality. Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Sally
sally@peakeventsaz.com

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog! I love this hostels very much. I will definitely visit and stay to that place.

    Pousadas Em Florianopolis

    ReplyDelete